Curio Collection by Hilton and Tapestry Collection by Hilton, two of Hilton’s 14 market-leading brands, continue to grow their portfolios with eight new hotels featuring exceptional accommodations in cities across the country. Whether travelers are looking for a relaxing weekend getaway in the countryside or a week-long vacation exploring some of America’s most iconic cities, Hilton’s collection brands boast independent and unique properties supported by the strength and reliability of Hilton.
The Curio Collection by Hilton portfolio comprises of more than 50 one-of-a-kind, upper upscale hotels around the world and will be expanding in Lynchburg, Va., Seattle, Wash., Cincinnati, Ohio and Pittsburgh, Pa.
"From Pittsburgh's great sporting and event venues, to the influential Pacific Northwest hub of Seattle, these one-of-a-kind properties truly embody the independent spirit of our collection," said Mark Nogal, global head, Curio Collection by Hilton. "Each of these properties accelerates our efforts to expand our collection brands in markets that reach travelers and surprise locals seeking unexpected and authentic experiences."
Properties recently added to the Curio Collection by Hilton portfolio include:
- The Virginian Lynchburg (Opened May 2018): A centerpiece of downtown Lynchburg since 1913, this magnificent hotel has been thoughtfully restored to its historic grandeur and refreshed with modern amenities. Guests can enjoy views of Lynchburg and the James River from a new vantage on the rooftop restaurant and bar or host an event in the 1900s-style ballroom showcasing the grandeur of the era with gorgeous ceilings, columns and moldings.
- The Charter Seattle (Opening June 2018): Just steps from downtown Seattle, including Pike Place Market, the Space Needle and endless dining and bar options, this chic hotel offers guests sleekly designed rooms with warm wood finishes, elegant décor and opulent bedding for maximum comfort after long days of exploring. Enjoy delicious on-site meals at Patagōn, a modernly rustic restaurant with Argentine-inspired cuisine focused on fresh, locally-sourced ingredients, or at the Fog Room rooftop lounge on the 16th floor, which brings the outdoors inside with retractable windows that boast water and skyline views.
- The Cincinnatian Hotel (Opening June 2018): A gem of downtown since 1882, The Cincinnatian Hotel blends rich history with today’s modern amenities for a unique stay in Cincinnati. Vintage elements, such as artwork, a grand marble staircase and soaring atrium, showcase the hotel’s past. Have breakfast made-to-order at the hotel’s restaurant or enjoy a local favorite at the American gastropub after exploring the bustling city.
- Distrikt Hotel Pittsburgh (Opening June 2018): Historic-meets-modern and posh-meets-minimalism for a one-of-a-kind stay downtown at the Distrikt Hotel Pittsburgh. Formerly the Salvation Army headquarters, this boutique hotel offers contemporary amenities while honoring the building’s original architecture, charm and stature on the National Register of Historic Places. Enjoy meals in the hotel’s two restaurants, The Whale, a seafood and chophouse showcasing French specialties and local ingredients, or Evangeline, a chic cocktail and oyster bar that’s perfect for craft cocktails or entertaining colleagues.
Tapestry Collection was introduced as Hilton’s 14th brand and second collection brand in May 2017. Since its launch, it has added six hotels to its portfolio, with three additional properties opening this summer.
“Each of the Tapestry Collection by Hilton properties maintains its own individuality and provides guests with a truly authentic experience. From a rooftop lounge in New York City to a relaxing getaway in Pigeon Forge, Tenn., our newest hotels give travelers even more opportunities to experience original properties that combine their own style and personality with the familiarity and reassurance of Hilton,” said Global Head of Tapestry Collection by Hilton Jenna Hackett.
Properties recently added to the Tapestry Collection by Hilton portfolio:
- Hotel Ballast Wilmington (Opened April 2018): Located in historic downtown Wilmington, N.C., Hotel Ballast Wilmington boasts design and décor heavily inspired by the local nautical history and natural elements of Cape Fear River. Just steps from the lobby and overlooking the River with open-air patio seating, Board & Barrel Coastal Kitchen offers locally sourced ingredients with Southern flair, craft cocktails and live weekend entertainment.
- Black Fox Lodge Pigeon Forge (Opening June 2018): Nestled in the heart of Pigeon Forge, Tennessee with scenic mountain or river views, Black Fox Lodge offers an outdoor, heated pool and fire pit, ideal for relaxation after a day of exploring nearby attractions including Dollywood, Great Smoky National Park, and The LeConte Center.
- The Sire Hotel Lexington (Opening June 2018): A one-of-a-kind hotel in the Gratz Park garden district, The Sire embodies Lexington's uncompromising love for rarified yet rustic living. This historic property is filled with world-class amenities to offer a unique, upscale experience for the modern traveler and its central location makes for an easy walk to popular attractions in the Horse Capital of the World.
- The Bernic Hotel New York City (Opening June 2018): A modern boutique hotel conveniently located in the heart of Midtown East, The Bernic is near shopping, theater, and local attractions, serving as the perfect hub to prepare for a day of urban exploration. Guests can also enjoy a menu of Northern Italian-American specialties at Allora Restaurant and then head up to the rooftop lounge, Alto, which offers seasonally curated craft cocktails complimented by a 180-degree panoramic view of the city.
About Curio Collection by Hilton
Curio Collection by Hilton (curiocollection.com) is an upper upscale, global portfolio of more than 50 one-of-a-kind hotels and resorts handpicked for their unique character. Curio Collection properties appeal to travelers seeking unexpected and authentic experiences, and the benefits of Hilton’s award-winning guest loyalty program, Hilton Honors. Read the latest brand and property stories at news.curiocollection.com; discover Curio Collection destinations through the eyes of locals with 48-hour itineraries at citiesbycurio.com; and connect with Curio Collection on facebook.com/curiocollection, instagram.com/curiocollection and twitter.com/curiocollection.
For the full press release visit here