DoubleTree by Hilton Birmingham, part of DoubleTree by Hilton’s fast-growing global portfolio of upscale, full-service hotels, is beginning a $20 million hotel transformation project, which includes guest rooms, public spaces, lobby, restaurant and conference facilities.
“We are excited to begin the process of transforming from a DoubleTree by Hilton to the Hilton Birmingham at UAB,” said Lisa Castagna, general manager, DoubleTree by Hilton Birmingham. “The renovations are strategically planned to reinforce our commitment to hospitality and create as little disruption, to our guests, as possible.”
Timing and additional details for the renovations include:
- Guest room renovations are currently ongoing with expected completion in September
- Lobby renovations begin in June with expected completion in September
- Pool and terrace renovations begin in July with expected completion in October
- Conference facilities renovations will be spread across several months and completed around space availability
- Restaurant construction begins in July with expected completion in October
In addition to the signature, warm DoubleTree Cookie welcome, the hotel provides a full complement of services and DoubleTree by Hilton brand amenities, including the Wake Up DoubleTree Breakfast™, an assortment of gourmet in-room tea and coffee offerings by The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf® and a refreshing array of the Crabtree & Evelyn natural skin and body care line.
DoubleTree by Hilton Birmingham is also part of Hilton Honors, the award-winning guest-loyalty program for Hilton's 14 distinct hotel brands. Members who book directly have access to instant benefits, including a flexible payment slider that allows members to choose nearly any combination of Points and money to book a stay, an exclusive member discount, free standard Wi-Fi and the Hilton Honors mobile app.
DoubleTree by Hilton Birmingham is located at 808 20th Street South, Birmingham, AL 35205. For reservations, visit DoubleTree by Hilton Birmingham at Birmingham.doubletree.com or call 205-933-9000.
For more information view press release here